The trip will not only bring you to the two most important National Parks of Rwanda but will also explore the unique scenery of Lake Kivu and highlight some unique cultural aspects of Rwanda life. This safari can be extended to Akagera National Park. Monthly set departures are guaranteed with 4 participants, or we can arrange a private tour on any day. Groups are combined to 8 people maximum per gorilla family.
Please contact us for group dates and availability.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrival in Kigali, transfer to local hotel, optional afternoon Kigali tour
- DAY 2: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park (via Butare)
- DAY 3: Primate walks in Nyungwe Forest National Park
- DAY 4: Primate walks in Nyungwe Forest National Park
- DAY 5: Transfer to Kibuye at Lake Kivu
- DAY 6: Transfer to Gisenyi and drive or speed boat to Kinigi
- DAY 7: Gorilla Trekking in Virunga
- DAY 8: Second gorilla trekking or another activity - Transfer to Kigali
- DAY 9: Kigali visit and departure
- Gorilla trekking
- Canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest
LOCATIONS: Nyungwe Forest, Virunga